Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moving Schedule

Packing is coming right along. It's really helpful to live a block away from a grocery store because we can get all the boxes we need. I hope to be done packing by Thursday night. Here's the schedule.

Thursday- My last real day at work. Finish packing.

Friday around 11:00 am- leave for Lafayette to say my goodbyes.

3:00- Hang out w/ family until 6:30.

Go to friends' baby's baptism at 7:00.

Hang out with friends all night.

Saturday- Meet my new nephew, see as many people as possible, tell them goodbye and that I will miss them dearly.

Sunday- Go to mass at St. Boniface, hang out w/ my family, eat dinner with my Aunt Barb, and go back to Cincinnati.

Monday- See as many Cincinnati friends as possible and tell them we'll miss them dearly.

Tuesday- Repeat. Load up moving truck that night.

Wednesday early morning- Watch Dad and David move all the heavy stuff I couldn't help lift from the night before.

Wednesday late morning/early afternoon- Set off on our 12 hour drive to Potsdam.

Thursday- Move in all our stuff, start our new lives.

Thanks for all the prayers from everyone. I have no doubt they played a huge role in us going where we are going. The move is far and we will live in a pretty isolated place, but I think this is where we are supposed to be.

9 comments:

brnh said...

Hey so I work 5-10pm on Monday, let me know where you'll be around those hours so I can be part of the goodbye day.

Anne said...

Couple o' things:

1. I wonder if I can somehow run into you sometime Sunday afternoon. I'm coming into town sometime in the afternoon... If it doesn't work out, that's okay but it'd be nice to see you before I never see you again. :o)

2. Can I have your new cell number?

3. Is that John and Katie's new baby's baptism? How old is the baby? What did they have? What did they name him/her?

I'm really going to miss you guys...even more than I already do!

M LO said...

BRNH- I think we're going to try to have people over or meet somewhere so I'll give you a callor email about the goodbye stuff.

Anne-

1. Let's try to run into each other, but Sunday will be pretty busy. Email me and tell me what time you'll be in town. And don't say we'll never see each other again. There's no way that can be true.

2. Yes, I'll email it to you.

3. John and Katie had a little girl named Mary a little while ago. We weren't able to make it to that baptism because we were busy restructuring our jobs, lives,etc, and we were out of town. Grant and Claire's baby, little Helen, is being baptized. I've heard she has auburn hair, and as you know, I'm a sucker for red heads, so I'm sure I'll fall in love with her. I'll email you.

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

John and Katie didn't have a girl..did they!? I thought it was a boy named Henry!

M LO said...

I think we're thinking of different Johns and Katies. I was talking about the Russells. Perhaps Anne was asking about the Schafers. Whew.

LauraSuz said...

OH good! Maybe I'll see you at the after party!!

Anonymous said...

I had triplets yesterday and named them George, Jack, and Hercules. They are girls.

M.

Unknown said...

hey, sometime during the 12 hour drive to Potsdam, from Cincinnati, you will pass my Mom and Dad driving home to Indiana from Villanova University (outside Philly) where they will have just completed helping my brother move all of his many things from his storage unit, to his dorm room.

so watch out for the white suv with indiana plates and the cursewords flying out of it!

Anonymous said...

Hey good luck on the move. I'll meet you in Montreal sometime!

--Bretto