Monday, December 03, 2007

Praise God(dess) (if you want)



Thank non-gender specific, politically correct, non-judgemental, life spirit-deity being! I've finally found a church for me!! Who knew I could go to a church where God wasn't allowed in order for me to find out whether he or she or it exists? I'm glad God isn't at this church. I found that pressure to praise the all knowing, all seeing deity (or not, I haven't figured it out yet and I don't want to influence your thought) really got in the way of important church activities like potlucks, free trade coffee tastings, and ultimate frisbee tournaments.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Funny, funny girl. How we miss your sense of humor around here!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the point is. Presumably these Unitarians could serve their purposes just as well at the local bar talking metaphysics over a beer.

John R.P. Russell said...

One of my high school poems was about the Unitarian Universalist "church" across the street from my job at the library. t was titled "Barren Steeple"

Anonymous said...

Because some people like potlucks and social gatherings, and they don't like the atmosphere of bars.

But really, it seems pretty absurd.

Christine said...

Unitarian creed: "There is, at most, one God."

M LO said...

That's one more creed than I was aware the Unitarians had. I did some research on them before I did this scholarly post and found that they are fond of saying things like "deeds not creeds."

Anonymous said...

So funny...yet very tragically sad all at the same time. my, how the world has gone absolutely insane!

Aric said...

I like bars, but not put-lucks and social gatherings. At least I'm consistent (please ignore my one entry blog).