Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Avalanche

So, I know I haven't posted lately. I'd like to be able to say that this will be a really long post, but it won't be. I've been buried under the avalanche of Mt. Composition Papers. Its peak is said to be almost as high as Mt. Everest and it is deadlier than Everest's north face. I'm breathing from an oxygen tank as we speak. I haven't even read anyone's blog in weeks. Here is a short synopsis of what's I've been up to:

1) I got a black and white kitten for Christmas. Her name is Flannery. I'll post pictures later.
2) We got a computer and we'll have internet in our very own home starting Saturday.
3) It turns out I didn't need a root canal(most of you probably didn't even know I was in danger of needing one). This is why we bought a computer. We instead named the computer "Root Canal"
4) The semester ends here on Monday and I'll be home Tuesday the 22nd through that Sunday.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Aw, man. You'll be home. And we won't be. I don't like that. But I can't wait to see Flannery (love the name)!

John R.P. Russell said...

Aric had a cat named Flannery.

Oddly, the cat was male. Many years ago, he wrote this poem about said cat (ahem):

My Dying Cat

When I stroke your yellowed coat of fur
and clumps of hair are released between my fingers
and stick to my shirt
and when you wheeze
and when I see your eyes oozing out slime

I have some memory of a kitten
who once had white fur and sprang with life
and batted it's claws at me...
I have some memory of a kitten not even you remember

and I let you curl into my lap
and I stroke your shedding fur
and I am happy to be the only person who still loves you.

Elisabeth said...

Kitty! Post pictures please! OK, so I've seen her (it is a her, right?)...but still.
So the other news is... unfortunately, I now have a blog as well. I had to do it for class. So you'll have to help me with all the ins and outs of blogging because I'm just not good at it! :)
See you soon, right? Call me when you're in town!!!

Caitie B said...

yaaaaaay! see you at blue jacket night????

(ps, when i see your blog name, i still think of "pantamonium at the circus"!) haha

LauraSuz said...

Glad you posted! I should have read this sooner and gone to BJN to see you. Damn.

Aric said...

The only thing more bothersome than you posting that poem, John, is that you still have a copy of it.

Monica, I am happy that you have a new Kitten, they are great fun... then they start to pee in the house.

John R.P. Russell said...

Two copies.