Monday, March 31, 2008

The Accuracy of NFP Finally Takes Its Toll

Yeeaaaah, Sure. It's all the NFP.

VATICAN CITY - Islam has surpassed Roman Catholicism as the world's largest religion, the Vatican newspaper said Sunday.

"For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us," Monsignor Vittorio Formenti said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano. Formenti compiles the Vatican's yearbook.

He said that Catholics accounted for 17.4 percent of the world population — a stable percentage — while Muslims were at 19.2 percent. ASSOCIATED PRESS


Shit. Well, I guess David and I are going to have to start making babies now. I can't stand being #2. Catholic Baby Havers Unite!!! Or we could try to convert some people or something.

6 comments:

Caitie B said...

You should name the kid "Vishnu"..

Haha Hey, are you gonna be here for the Bachelorette party?

M LO said...

Yup. I'll definitely be there.

Shae said...

I'm not entirely convinced of the effectiveness of NFP --well it seems to work for other people.

By the way, do you think anyone would want to buy a used Lady Comp? Or would people just think that was weird?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a Catholic Baby Haver... does that mean I don't have to try to convert anybody? 'Cause it's much easier and more fun just to get pregnant.

M.

M LO said...

Yeah, that headline was definitely a joke. Just some commentary on the fact that the majority of (American) Catholics use artificial contraception just as much as anyone else. And more commentary on the fact that we're not especially good, myself included, in snagging converts. The used Lady Comp might depend on if any of your old temps are still stored in there.

And while I do think the more traditional way to get more Catholics is to grow them, I know that raising Catholics and keeping them that way is not a walk in the park.

Dusty M Brahlek said...

Im not so sure I agree with the comment "raising Catholics and keeping them that way is not a walk in the park". I think it could be several walks in the park, frequent trips to church, lots of family prayer, and love. (all comming from an unmarried, childless person) The families have have seen that have had all the children leave the faith did not really show the faith in the first place.