Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pictures

David already posted these on Facebook, but I promised I'd put them here too.

I like this one because you can see how close we got to the falls and actually got wet from it.
One of our friends remarked that we don't look very happy in these pictures. I don't think that's necessarily true. We had a great time, but neither of us like looking really cheesed out for the camera. I got this non-smiling trait honest from my dad. He hates pictures. We only had one family portrait and that was for the church directory, and we didn't buy any copies of it.

Here's another picture of us at Niagara. David grew his mustache out all crazy, but you can tell that we aren't smiling because we're afraid the camera will steal our souls. Or at least I look scared in this one. David looks kind of arrogant.

5 comments:

Anne said...

That's funny someone said you don't look happy because I noticed that neither of you were smiling, too. But I'm very used to people taking pictures that way my father has also ALWAYS taken pictures without a smile!

Elisabeth said...

I think it's very European of you... most cultures are like that--Americans are among the few that cheese it up in photos! Anyways, you guys look good and it must have been a great vacation! Miss you!!!

Caitie B said...

Just admit it: you guys had a crap time and you hated the trip.

I mean, who could blame you? You look ridiculous in those blue ponchos.

;) JK!!

Anonymous said...

I like your smiles. You look content.

Side note: I love your expression in all the reception pictures we got. You are very into the music!

M LO said...

I was probably very into the alcohol at that point too.