Sunday, June 17, 2007

Jr. Update

The doctor's say that our little Anthony is starting to recover from his intestine surgery and things look pretty good. Talk about a miracle. His breathing hasn't been doing to well lately as they have bumped him up to 38-45 percent oxygen. The doctors say it's a little higher than they would like (he's usually at 25% oxygen) but that his lungs only show signs of immaturity and not signs of serious lung complications. My brother and sister-in-law just got the bill for Anthony Jr's two week stay at Home hospital:124,000 dollars!!! Luckily the bill is taken care of and they don't have to pay for it. I'm interested to see what the bill for a three month stay at St. Vincent's NICU will be. The baby also "opened his eyes" a couple of days ago. I put the opened his eyes in quotations because his eyes have been open for a couple of weeks now. However, his eyes used to be all black, and then over night his eyes changed to blue and look like regular eyes. Of course, his eye color could change, but it's nice to see them whatever color they are.

Now for other baby related news. Today right after Mass I was hanging out in the church with my dad because it's Father's Day and I wanted to see him. While beside him, a very nice parishioner, who we've known for years and will remain nameless, passed by, and my father flagged her down. He wanted to show her the newest pictures of Anthony Jr. Well, after ooohing and ahhing over the pictures, she turns to me and says, "how many months early did you have the baby"? After picking my jaw up from off the floor, I remarked that I don't have any children and that the pictures were of my nephew. I then suffered through the most awkward couple of minutes of small talk in my life while my dad was speaking to this woman's husband. Sigh. It's depressing to know that I look postpartum. No offense to any stunning and dazzling postpartum women out there reading this post. I think I'll hit the pilates tomorrow. At least Father Vath hasn't started to bless my gut when I go up for communion.

6 comments:

Shae said...

Trust me, you don't look postpartum in the least

Anonymous said...

At least she didn't ask when you were due... postpartum is better than preggers.


M.

P.s. Wanna do somethin'?

Anonymous said...

um... you don't. In fact (this is not a lie, I promise) I was just thinking the other day about that cute skirt you wore to my sister's cookout that one time, and how super duper skinny you are. People are weird.

Anne said...

YOU do not look postpartum...someone is apparently clueless.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I need to comment again and say that, of course, I don't agree with whatever idiot (parishoner or not... Golly, I hope it wasn't my mom...) hinted you look postpartum. If you look postpartum I hate to imagine what people think about me! I was remembering, in particular, a time when a very dear friend of mine asked a woman when she was due... the woman wasn't pregnant. Eep. Akward!

Yours,
M.

M LO said...

Girls-

Thanks for the backup. I've decided to take this person's misstep as a compliment that my boobs look bigger than usual. I think that's a fair way to interpret it.

Mary- I'm free Wednesday evening or Tuesday until 3. Give me a call.