Thursday, February 21, 2008

Goats

David and I have been obsessed with goats lately. Yeah, goats. We often say our cat is a goat because she'll eat anything and she loves to be in high places. I've said that goats are the grandfathers of the animal world; they are kind of scary, kind of funny, mercurial, have white beards, and love to eat. These are all things I could say about my own grandfather, God rest his soul.

But last night David and I went on a goat joke tirade that I'll share with you now. Please forgive us for the corny humor, but I actually think some of these are funny. Here's how the goat joke conversation went-

Monica- What do goats use to go shopping? Goat carts.
David- What do goat cheerleaders cheer? Goat team!
Monica- What do goats use to store things? A goat rack.
David- What do goats eat for breakfast? Goatmeal.
Monica- What do you call a goat fashion show? Goat couture (I personally think this is the funniest one)
David- Who do you call when you have a goat problem? Goatbusters.
Monica- What do goats sing in church? Goat tell it on the mountain.

Oh yes, the goat jokes were flying fast and furious for about 15 minutes. If any of you still want to be my friend after that display of lameness, you should leave a comment and post your own goat joke.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do goats wear in the rain? A trench goat!
What do goats use to leave a message? A post-it goat!
What do goats use in class? A goatbook!
What do mama goats use to carry diapers? A goat bag!

OK, I'm stopping. But your post reminds me again of why we're friends!!! I love you Monica O'Neil... when are you coming back to visit?

M LO said...

Cool jokes, Elisabeth. I'll be home for Easter I hope. If not, then I'll definitely be home April 7th.

Wishydig said...

What do they tell around the campfire to scare each other?
goat stories.

OK that's just a second version of goatbusters.

How's this:
What do you call one that's a logical genius but refuses to eat grass because of paranoia and so he starves to death?

Kurt Friedrich Göatel

Anonymous said...

I had to look up Godel on Wikipedia, but here's another intellectual goat. What do you call a German poet (a goet?) who writes about Faust's deal with the devil?

Johann Wolfgang von Goathe

And Monica forgot to mention another reason we consider our cat a goat. She like to stand up on her hind legs, with her two front paws bent downward (like a mantis, or a goat), and she makes these funny meow sounds which are somewhat like bleating.

M LO said...

What do you call a Dutch Post-Impressionist goat who cut off part of his ear and committed suicide?

Vincent Willem van Goat.

By the way, I think the full title of van Goat's famous painting, "Sunflowers" is "Sunflowers (are so tasty to eat)".

Wishydig said...

What instrument does a goat like to play?

The goatar.

M LO said...

What do you call a goat in the beginning stages of life?

A Zygoat.