Monday, February 25, 2008

Gross

Ummm... All I have to say is that Edmund sold his brother and sisters out for nothing because this stuff is naaaassssty. It tasted like chocolate covered rosewater jello. It was devoid of Eastern promise. I understand that the White Witch's Turkish delight was charmed and ensorcelled (totally thesaurused that one)but she had to. That's the only way she could get anyone to eat it.

I probably had the cheapest version, so I'll need to re-try other varieties, but this stuff made me want to vomit. However, I picked up this Turkish Delight in the coolest grocery store ever! It was in the English foods section, naturally. Just for the record, I still like Turkish coffee, Turkish baths, Turkish gold, and Turkish Superman.

5 comments:

Wishydig said...

Oh don't give up on it. I had some wonderfully odd sugar-dusted Turkish Delight that came wrapping in onion paper in a wooden box.

The packaging alone made it an exciting candy to eat.

M LO said...

Yeah, I really think mine wasn't a true representation of the good stuff. I googled Turkish Delight last night and what came up on the image search looked much better than what I had.

Oh, I saw on your last 10 netflix that you watched Miller's Crossing. Was that your first time seeing it? What do you think of it? It's one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Completely unrelated comment ahead.(although I enjoyed the post very much!!) My brother just got a conviction in Indy case where big fat bastard beat girlfriend's 4-year old son to death. (Child was sucking his thumb and apparently angered the son-of-a b*tch.) Am exceedingly proud of him and have to highjack your blog for I have none of my own.

Miss you, Monica!
M.

M LO said...

Mary-

Congrats to Noah. I'm really in awe of the fact that your parents turned out 6 very talented children. Pass along my regards to the fam.

Anonymous said...

I SO love Jungle Jim's... I used to go there in undergrad when I was at Miami... good stuff. I remember this one time when we went, they had this salsa sample table. They were all set out in little bowls, ranging from mild to super hot, with names like... well they're not appropriate, so probably shouldn't go there.... Let's just say I tried the medium (I usually like really hot stuff, by the way) and my mouth was on fire for an hour! But that place is cool.