Sunday, May 04, 2008

So I Lied

Flannery seemed to be back to her old self in a little more than a day, so we decided to go to the SPCA yesterday and just peek at the new kittens. We just happened to find the cutest two month old little girl.

This is Scout-





Flannery was a little, hmmm, pissed off at first. She went back and forth between attempted murder and bouts of sulking all day yesterday. But Flannery really did need a friend and she quickly realized that. She still kind of swats at Scout (with her claws in) just to let her know who's boss, but they've also been playing, eating, and sleeping together all day today.



And in the course of a day I went from saying how small Flannery is (she is actually a small cat) to remarking that she looks like a huge panther in comparison to Scout. And right now, as I type, my little Scout is taking a nap on my lap and making all kinds of funny movements.

In other news, my students urged me to try goetta, a Cincinnati-German concoction of ground pork, oatmeal, and onions. Everyone I've talked to in Cincinnati goes crazy for this stuff. I bought some at the store today, fried it up and ate it. I feel like I'm going to vomit. It was really greasy. I'm going to give it another shot, but my first taste of Cincinnati cuisine was less than I hoped for. I guess there's always Skyline chili.

8 comments:

Anne said...

we were so excited to see a picture of david and know that he exists still!! Soon we'll get to see him and you in person!!! Cannot wait!!

M LO said...

Yes, David still exists. Notice that if you blow up the picture of him and the kitten that he is working on his Greek, which is why you probably don't see or hear from him much. But it's true, we'll both be home this weekend for the wedding!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

I. am. melting.

Elisabeth said...

CUTE kitty!!! And I'm glad to hear that I'll see you on Saturday... but hopefully first on Wednesday for dinner, right?! There are ten of us coming over!!! i'll call ya...

M LO said...

Elisabeth- Yeah, definitely on Wednesday. I sent you an email with our address and everything last week. Did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I'm sure Flanery will be much happier with a playmate. Look forward to seeing her in purrson in a few weeks. Mom o'neil

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while and I stopped by today and you have THREE NEW POSTS! Yay!!

I laughed out loud so many time!! :P Will I see you this weekend? I just ate chinese food and feel horrible.. otherwise, I think I would have more to say and be more enthusiastic. This will have to do..

Wait.. your new cat.. is she always going to be that small??

M LO said...

Caitie-

Oh yes, you will see me this weekend. I wouldn't miss Laura's wedding for the world.

Alas, I wish our little kitten would stay this small forever (she only weighs about 1.5 pounds) but I think she's got a lot of growing to do.