Friday, October 31, 2008

Just Terrible

I am saddened to say that someone set fire to our church, St. Mary's, here in Potsdam. Thankfully, the damage was limited to the altar, where the fire started, but there is some smoke damage too.



It really tears me up. I feel so terrible for our pastor, Fr. Garry. He is a hard working priest dedicated to the church. Just last week he was excited to tell us he was sending off our stained glass windows to be refurbished for the first time in 108 years. And now this.

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Oh my gosh! That's so madding.

Elisabeth said...

That's so sad! We definitely have to pray for people like that--they must really be in a bad place if they set fire to a CHURCH! I'll keep everyone in my prayers!

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

Oh no!! How terrible!! I'll be saying some prayers! :(