Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lake Placid

We went to Lake Placid and the surrounding area yesterday to see all the fabulous fall colors. We live in a really beautiful area. I decided to make this trip part of my birthday week celebration. My 27th birthday is on Wednesday.





















Most of our pictures came from the ski resort where the 1980 Winter Olympics were held. We took a ski lift about 3,000 feet up Whiteface Mountain. It was so beautiful that I wasn't surprised to see a couple getting married up there during our visit. We hiked around for a couple of hours and then rode back down. It was such a neat way to see all the fall colors in the Adirondacks.

6 comments:

Anne said...

You sure aren't kidding about it being beautiful! My goodness. Lucky you guys. That looks like a good start to a birthday week celebration. And someone is pretty good with the camera, too!!

Mom O'Neil said...

What a beautiful place and yes, you are at capturing the beauty. Hope the rest of your week is as great!

Mom O'Neil said...

You are good at capturing the beauty "

Elisabeth said...

gorgeous!!!!! you're definitely making me want to visit you even sooner!!!!

M LO said...

Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. Honestly though, I don't know how anyone could walk away with bad shots because it's so pretty up here right now.

LauraSuz said...

Pictures look great and I'm glad you guys got to see such a beautiful place to celebrate your birthday!