Monday, October 23, 2006

Dictators R Us


Kabila, Il, and Castro

Where do these guys shop? Seriously? I guess the more important questions is this: where do these guys get their governing tactics? But I think to two go hand in hand. If you want to be a dictator, you should probably dress like this so no one mistakes you for the milk man or a good person or something. If you already dress like this, you are probably a dictator. Quick, look at your clothes. Drab green uniform? check. Oversized chest pockets? Check. Huge mysterious looking glasses? Well, two out of three ain't bad, Kabila.

This brings about my next question. Why do these guys dress like this? The entire world knows that they are power abusers, human rights violators, and money pilferers. Yet they still wear the totalitarian uniform, which is a ugly green jumpsuit looking thing. If I were a dictator and everyone already knew that I was an evil and rich autocrat, I would wear a gold sequins tuxedo, ivory clogs, and a top hat made of caviar. Oh, and I'd throw in a monocle with a diamond lens for good measure. I mean, who do these guys think they're fooling?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they don't want to be confused with a different version of rich, powerful, sodomistic,(not to be confused with sadistic)rulers of pop music. Sir Elton John has a corner on the gold-sequin market and also wears big sunglasses (although not so dark and mysterious...)!!

Mary

David said...

I notice that everybody but Kim is pointing, for what it's worth, and maybe he is too beneath the picture.

People who point too much are bad people (though not as bad as smokers).

I wonder what the oversized pockets are for. They all seem to be empty.