Monday, October 16, 2006

Quarter Century Landmark

Well, I turned 25 yesterday, October 15th. Normally this is a day to celebrate one's self and reflect on the righteous life that one has had up to this point. I didn't exactly get to do that yesterday because I was busy confronting every single horrible quality that I have.

First, there's sloth. I slept in and had to go to mass at St. Ann's. The highlight there was seeing the Antonio kids, who are always adorable.

Then, I was pretty much in a foul mood because of some stupid "difference of opinion" I had with David the day before my birthday. So, I was also mean to my husband on my birthday. Great. And I'm pretty sure he was regretting marrying me yesterday, which is not a lovely thought to be aware of on one's birthday. The worst part is that what we were "differing" on is not an important issue in the least.

One true highlight is that I got together with some Blue Jacket kids and watched "Strictly Ballroom" at Denver and Chris' apartment. Everyone there was nice, the movie was fun, and Mary made Irish cream brownies, which were very good. This of course brings me to my next bad quality: eating too much, which I did at Denver's and my parents later on.

Everyone was very nice to me on my birthday, which I appreciate but do not deserve. At the end of the day yesterday I really found myself wondering why I have such good friends and family when I certainly deserve much worse. As I said, on birthdays, people usually reflect on what a great life they have lead. Yesterday, I found myself wondering how I've made it 25 years without someone trying to eradicate my existence from this planet. Man, what a birthday. If anyone needs me, I'm moving to a cave at the edge of the Carpathian mountains. I'll be in the Slovakian region near Mt. Gerlachovkain. My new address is:

Monica, The Wicked 25 year old Gorgon-Crone

Cave in the Carpathian MTNS, Slovakian region

Near Mt. Gerlachovkain, 13872

My indentured fury-Sherpa will deliver all my mail.

2 comments:

Anne said...

You're hilarious!

And we have a card for you - we thought about you repeatedly on your actually birthday but I figured we'll give the card to you later and stretch that birthday week out a bit further!

David said...

As to our disagreement... I still say that mountain goats jump with their hindfeet and not their forefeet. If you ever again bring up your ridiculous point that the back hoofs do not have sufficient cleft for traction on the loose rock and slippery foliage of the mountain slope, you can look for me at the annulment office.