Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Job Found

Well, I didn't get the job at Brown Mackie College. They finally called back yesterday and told me they didn't want me. Instead, I got a better job at a better community college this morning. You are looking at the newest English Comp. teacher for Cincinnati State Community College. I couldn't be happier. This is the school I originally wanted to work for and I had some misgivings about Brown Mackie. Brown Mackie is in a dumpy location in a bad neighborhood and all the teachers talk about their students like these kids just escaped from prison. Cincinnati State, on the other hand, is on the same street that we live on about a mile down the road. The funniest part is when I was fretting, stewing, and waiting around for Brown Mackie to call back yesterday, Cincinnati State called to say they wanted an interview. I did a phone interview this morning and they hired me on the spot. I guess it was meant to be. CSCC is a really nice facility with a great library, gym, pool, athletic teams, and clean classrooms. It definitely seems like the place I want to be. They said that in addition to teaching two English courses this fall I could also pick up some extra hours in the writing lab. Best of all, the people who interviewed me seemed genuinely nice and happy to talk to me.

7 comments:

Caitie B said...

MONICA!! So exciting! :) Congrats! I visit family in Cincinnati all the time! We'll have to meet up and maybe I can bring some of those ol' DiFabio gals with me!

Christine said...

Congrats, Monica!!

Anne said...

Sounds just right!

Sorry I didn't make it over yesterday evening...we were reading Harry Potter :o)

See you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Monica,

As far as I know Friday is all free. And I happen to have a bad movie we can watch if you're interested. Call me.

M.

M LO said...

Caitie-

Yes, you should totally come visit and bring the girls with you. I think we would have lots of fun.

LauraSuz said...

That's awesome Monica. I'm happy for you and David. Things have a way of falling into place.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Monica. i didn't want to say anything negative, but the students we have had from Brown-Mackie up here in Fort Wayne didn't seem like they had an over abundance of knowledge. I suspect you are too far above their level of teaching. you'd intimidate the students.