Saturday, May 05, 2007

Prayers Needed!!!

Dear Friends,

As some of you know, my sister-in-law, Leah, is pregnant. She has recently had problems with her blood pressure skyrocketing because of a problem with her blood vessels that she did not know she had before she was pregnant. This extremely high blood pressure is called preeclampsia. When preeclampsia occurs it disrupts blood flow to the placenta and the baby can't get enough nutrients to grow. Her Preeclampsia has gotten so bad that she has to be in the hospital until she delivers the baby. The problem is that she is only 23 weeks pregnant and the doctors say it is doubtful that she will even make it to 28 weeks before they have to induce. If they don't induce it is possible that both Leah and the baby could die from the high blood pressure. Of course, if they induce too early, it is still possible that the baby could die because he is so small. He only weighs 12 ounces right now. I am so scared and I know the rest of my family is too. Please, please, please pray for my brother, my sister-in-law, and my unborn nephew, even if it's just one small, quick prayer.

1 comment:

Anne said...

We are praying...