Friday, August 17, 2007

Party On. Excellent.

David and I have decided to throw a going away party.... for ourselves. Yes, we'll be the guests of honor and all of you out there reading are invited (that is if we know you).

We went to the store last night and bought burgers, chicken, steaks, soda, chips, beer, brownies, cookies, etc. There will be music and beanbag toss too. We want everyone to come, so spread the word to all who you think might like to wish us goodbye. Here's the vital information.

David and Monica's Going Away Party

Date- Friday, August 24th

Place- O'Neil Castle. Call or email if you need directions.

Time- Cookout starts at 5:00 so all you people with little ones can make it. At 8:30 we will take a couple of minutes to send off the Long Walkers. Party will resume around 8:45 or 9:00 sans Long Walkers.

We have all the main dishes, but if you'd like to bring a side that would be great.


We decided to have the going away party the same night as the Long Walk commencement because a bunch of our friends are going to be in town for that anyway. RSVP here on the blog, or call, or just come. But please do come. We want to see all of you one last time.

12 comments:

Caitie B said...

Am i stupid? What is the long walker?

LauraSuz said...

Two please! Sounds like fun! We'll see you there.

Caitie B said...

I'LL B THERE!!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS DURING FOOTBALL SEASON!!! I THINK IT'S A HOME GAME- MAYBE I'LL COME EARLY! I ALSO SHOULD HAVE THROWN YOU A GOING AWAY PARTY!! NOW I HAVE GUILT AS WELL. I AM NOT A GOOD FRIEND. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO THROW YOUR OWN PARTY!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOU, I SHOULD HAVE ACTED, I SHOULD STOP WRITING IN ALL CAPS!!!! AND WITHOUT SO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!! I'LL HAVE MY PEOPLE CONTACT YOUR PEOPLE.

M.

Anne said...

Mary, I wanted to throw them a party, too, but by the time I remembered that I wanted to do that all their remaining weekends here were filled. Oops. So that makes me a bad friend too.

O'Neils, we will be there!

Anonymous said...

What is the Long Walk? If I only had the words...

Party goers will also have the chance to witness the opening ceremonies of the Walk, when Monica will knight the new walkers. Be prepared for pomp and splendor.

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I hope you find a way to make it. There will be great sadness without you.

Wishydig said...

Table for two please.

John R.P. Russell said...

We three will arrive around 6:30 and leave just as the long walkers leave.

Unknown said...

Monica,
It's me, Mary C! I found your blog while looking for David's m.a. thesis-I didn't find it, do tell me the title sometime. Anyhoo, your blog is beautiful!
I wish you a pleasant going away party, and an easy-move to Cincinnati.
I have moved to Buffalo to start a phd in linguistics. John was a very helpful and careful mover and driver [he helped me drive to Buffalo from Indiana with all my stuff].
Even after the hassle and headache of moving, he gave me a ring. Woo!
Good luck,
Mary C.

M LO said...

Mary C! Good to hear from you. Good luck out in Buffalo. Isn't that where Dickson got his PhD? And how exciting about your engagement. I always thought you and John would get married. There are so many Purdue classics love matches: Me and David, Alicia and Brian, You and John. I suppose Venus is working overtime in our department. Be sure to keep me posted as your wedding plans unfold.

Dusty M Brahlek said...

I will be arriving with the Russell's if I can get off of work! :)