Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who came out to our party last night. We had so much fun and were glad to properly say goodbye to so many of you. The party didn't officially end until 5:00 this morning when the last of the revelers pulled up a piece of floor in our living room and slept there. I, on the other hand, have not slept in 31 hours. After the party ended I had to switch over to Long Walk Matron and make breakfast for all the participants. This amounted to 5 dozen scrambled eggs (I went a little over board there), two packages of bacon, and two packages of hash browns. How is the Long Walk going? Well, I'll leave that to David, though I am planning a psychological deconstruction of the whole thing in a couple of days. Now I must prepare for my nephew's baby shower this evening.

Thanks again to everyone who came. It was a blast. Seeing all of you at once will certainly make it harder to leave, but it reminded us of how truly blessed we are to have so many wonderful friends.

3 comments:

Dusty M Brahlek said...

Thank-you so very much for having us! I was so honored to get to meet you and everyone in person! We will have to have something at the Russell castle at some point; however, part of that would be an Eastern Mass! :)

Anne said...

Lovely party, Monica! Glad we could be come but so sorry to see you guys going...

John R.P. Russell said...

Come now, Dusty, there's no such thing as an "Eastern Mass." Mass, deriving as it does from the Latin, "Ite, Missa est," is a particularly Latin description of the Eucharistic Liturgy.

*raising first my lip in a defiant sneer and then my nose in an attitude of arrogant superiority*

Love,
Lord John R.P. Russell of the Castle bearing that same most highly estimable name.