Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April Showers

This is perhaps one of the worst spring days to decide to wear sandals. I tried to tell myself today that if I approach my pain and suffering, no matter how slight, with the right attitude, then I would benefit from it. That attitude being that Christ suffered and died for all my sins and the sins of all the world. Therefore, I should be able to walk through a couple of big puddles with half shod feet,and perhaps give this suffering up to Christ. Therefore, my commute from one campus building to another today has been filled with stoic teeth clenching punctuated by frantic sissy squeals and shivers. I'm such a wimp.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Woohoo! I wore sandals today, too, but then I was warm and cozy inside not walking all over campus.

David said...

I find the biggest problem with my sandals is how slippery they get when they're wet. I was much more worried about falling down as I ran in front of busses than I was about the cold, which I actually found invigorating today. Normally I hate the cold.

M LO said...

Yeah, today when I was walking in the doorway of Stewart Center I almost fell and busted my ass because of my slippery sandals. It reminded me of the stairs of Hostel Aphrodite in Athens. It had those really slick limestone stairs and I would slip every time I went down them.

When I save myself from a fall I always spend the next five minutes thinking about how bad the fall would have been if I did actually fall. I think about what it would have been like to break my leg or dislocate my knee. I am so neurotic.

David said...

That's funny. I just think about how stupid I probably looked and try to seem nonchalant.

By the way, Monica, why'd you remove the link to Sister Mary Martha?

M LO said...

David-

I removed the link to SMM because I've suspected for a while that she is not a real nun, and by her last post I have determined beyone a reasonable doubt that she is not one. I want a real nun or nothing. If I wanted to read religious talk from a regular person, I'd just go to your blog. Just kidding ;-)